Atea is the leading Nordic and Baltic supplier of IT infrastructure with approximately 6,880 employees. Atea is present in 90 cities in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atea delivers IT products from leading vendors and assist its customers with specialist competencies within IT infrastructure services with its approximately 3,700 consultants and 7,500 technology certifications.
Atea had revenue of approximately NOK 31.2 billion in 2016 and is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange.
Atea Global Services is part of Atea Group. Due to the extensive development plans of Atea Global Services we are inviting new professionals to join our growing team.
Job description, tasks
- To be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems, hardware and software and related infrastructure
- To participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- To ensure that system, hardware, operating systems, software systems adhere to company values
- To gain effective experience of installing systems and correcting errors to ensure trouble-free technical support for the employees
- To carry out, and report to direct management on-site IT infrastructure implementation, maintenance and support, migration, optimization, monitoring, backup, organize Junior System Administrators activities related to daily on-site support and other tasks as well as service development and improvement activities in accordance with CSI register, assigned service management tickets and priorities
- Fluent English
- Ensuring that all automation software, scripts and solutions are properly documented and communicated to department managers and team leads for implementation into operation
- In cooperation with direct manager participating in service development and improvement projects
- Ensuring high attention and involvement in escalations, major incidents, crises and problem cases, as well as VIP requests and urgent assignments
- Performing troubleshooting as required. As such, leading problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Supervising technical staff, contract staff and/or junior specialists. Determining appropriate coverage for all hours of operation
- Training technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Implementing new systems and IT solutions, developing plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Maintaining datacenter environmental and monitoring equipment
- Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- ITIL Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- An opportunity to join fast paced, quickly growing company
- Endless training opportunities (including thorough training in the 1st month at work)
- Constant knowledge growth in the chosen field – learn from the best professionals in the field
- Great and motivated colleagues in an international environment
- Company events (sports events, active social life)
- Very attractive and cozy office with free parking close to the city center
- If you want to join our team, please submit your CV and motivation letter preferably in English indicating the position you are applying for.
Starting date ASAP