Ladies and gents, it’s time for another release of Service Market!
We’ve spent the summer doing lot’s of summery stuff, including of course coding Service Market 6.1.5 to be the best it can be! New features include:
The Product Powershell Runner activity can now relay the Order Id and Order information object as parameters to the Powershell scripts.
Using the reserved values Order or Order ID for one of the script parameters, you can now give your Powershell instant access to the Order Id, say for performing integrations into Service Market, or the whole OrderInformation object which contains all Products ordered, as well as information on dates, requesting and target user and so on. Could come in handy sometime!
The Razor mailtemplates now come in a new incarnation, known as Razor2. This update will considerably boost performance of the Process Manager when ordering, as well as prevent a rare memory leak that occurred in some environments, causing Process Manager to increase its memory consumption for each order. Any new installation will get these as the new default, as well as any upgrades from versions prior to 6.0.0. We won’t however change your setup, so we strongly urge anyone using the Razor templates to change this in Configurator, after your upgrade. If you have not made changes to the default templates the switch should be as easy as that. If you have, you should make plans for migrating these changes to the Razor2 templates instead; the differences are subtle, but the old templates will not work with Razor2 with just a cut and paste. Most notably, the object Model is switched out for a ViewBag in the new templates, and the sub-templates no longer accept a Model at all. We’ll of course be happy to assist you in this endeavor if it feels too complicated!
Results in the following markup:
Finally, the Process Manager activity for creating SCSM Service Requests is now more robust and will retry at configurable intervals before failing. The new default is three tries with 60s interval, but it can be changed on a per-workflow basis through Workflow Manager.
We’ve also fixed a few issues, notably that the File and Combobox Product Questions didn’t always work as expected in the Request User/Computer services, and that Manage Access Group/DL services reported an owner change in the Summary even though no change was made.
That’s it – happy upgrading and installing! And enjoy the last of summer / best part of autumn, depending on your location! 🙂